Thursday, July 1, 2010

Vina del Mar, Chile

Vina del Mar the place I call home here in Chile is a unique place. The people here are not too friendly this is no Aggieland where people say Howdy or at least smile. Once in a while I meet people that are very nice but that is only because they are not from Vina. I live five minutes away from the beach so you know where I'm at most of the time. It is cold here but occassionaly we have good days and it is warm enough to wear just a t-shirt and jeans or shorts. I have been on long walks along the coast, running/jogging on the sand, and also playing frisbee with the rommies. I have been encouraged to work out more just because the environment is pleasant and appealing. Below you will see the places I have been site seeing and how I have spent some of my time in Vina.

Ciao,

Jessica

Plaza Mexico-typical place to read, nap, and kiss your significant other.

One of the many castles here, every time we try to go we're late or too early.

Pelicans on the boat restaurant.

Castle right on the coast, this one has a pretty view.

Getting closer to the water to take better pictures.

We tried getting closer but it was too slippery.

One of the many beaches, this one is the first one when you are coming from Valpo.

Helicopter flying around, no idea why.

Slack lining in Chile, fun group of kids.

El Reloj de las Flores, famous clock with flowers but it usually has the wrong time... :)

This antenna caught my eye since the first time I saw it, might have to look over my RF notes to figure out the wave patterns...

How I love to see the sun set, looks like there are diamonds on the water.

Sand sculptures-this one reminds me of my brother!

Lizard, the people that take the time to make them are very talented.

El corazon...

Funny Accordion Man, he is always on the same spot every Sunday.

Angela the roomie from North Carolina. Her last night with us-we stayed in and watched a movie, I miss you girl!

So since we watch FRIENDS all the time we decided to have a picture together that is similar to theirs try to guess who is who...

Walking on the beach, really good for my feet, body and soul.

Machine guns, their military is right around the corner.

Playa los marineros, sweet beach to come hang out.

We need these in America or do we have them? While parents exercise....

...children play in the playground.

El Reloj del Sol, you can tell the time by looking at the sun in relation to this clock.


Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment