Thursday, July 15, 2010

Viviendo en Chile

Un mes en Chile...I can not believe it has been a month, I have learned many things, meet new people, have enjoyed the food, culture and expeirenced things that one canly only experince here. Looking back on time I realize how people can adapt to changes in life that one has no control over. I have become wiser in certain areas and have come to a point in my life where I have learned to accept things as they are. Stronger in faith, knowledgable in engineering, and happier in spirit is how I feel at the moment.

So to recap what I have been through this month I have uploaded several pictures, a pictures is worth more than a thousand words so here they go...


My initial Family...this was I believe the first weekend...eating fajitas!

Being silly on the roof of our Hostel in La Serena...Emily and Michael left us a few days ago and Angela has been gone...

Las lolas...out having a drink with Kristi and Angela. Hollywood Pub by far the best place to get drinks...

Kristi and me the last one standing...lol...she is leaving me soon!

German Lunch anyone...first week, getting to know each other while eating tons of food!

Corey went back to America too, so before he left we danced a little. Joe is still here so he is still practicing his moves.

Michelle one of our new additions lives with a host family, went out salsa dancing and had a great time!

New roomies-Alina who is from Portland Oregon interning at a hospital and Eric from Chicago interning at the same place I am interning (renewable energy hot topic right now!) They are stick people because I do not have pictures of them yet...

Eric brought his bike, he has a special way of taking it apart and putting it back together in 15 minutes, so he gets to ride all around Chile in no time...

So Alina is a musician and is now trying to teach us a little something who knows I might end up learning a thing or two...She bought a keyboard, Rachel decided to get a violin and I still have not decided if I want to buy an instrument but I guess I might have to....

I was sick for a while (hint why no blogging) nothing major just a cold but with some serious cough and mucus! I feel much better after taking some of this medicine. This is the bottle in the beginning of day 1.

This is the bottle at the end of day 3...feel a lot better now...


My interniship which started as a journey through Universidad Santa Maria Federico

is now ECO-LIFE right around the block where I live maybe 8...

I am researching various things such as Biodiesel and Solar Energy...

Will have a special blog about work later on...until next time I hope you all are doing great!

Ciao,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment