Monday, June 21, 2010

Santiago, Chile

Virgen Concepcion from far at night as we were leaving Santiago.

My mommy will appreciate these pictures!

I walked all of Santiago and then rode up the San Cristobal Mountain to get a picture of the Virgen for my mommy!

Half of the crew, Michael-Miguel and Rachel-Raquel, can you see Santiago behind us.

As we rode up the San Cristobal mountain, kinda sketchy.

The crew minus me, Rachel, Mike, Greg and little Emily (finally someone shorter than me!)

The Cathedral-Metropolitana de Santiago.

Part of Santiago on top of the Santa Lucia Mountain.

La Moneda-their White House, it was surrounded by their military.


I tried capturing a picture of La Torre Entel as we were running to cross the street but was not very successful, it is their telecommunications tower very pretty.

Santiago was unique very smoggy. People move fast similar to New York but it is a nice place to visit to see the Chilean culture. I will visit Santiago again and will post more pictures later. We did so much walking in one day but it was worth it. We basically saw the entire city we did miss certain things due to damage from the earthquake and them because it got dark.

Ciao,
Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment